- You need to feel confident that you are leaving your child in a safe, secure environment and this concern is something that we make a major priority.
- Access to all nursery premises is strictly controlled with external doors locked at all times.
- Anyone wishing to enter either nursery must first ring the bell and will only be admitted when identified by a member of staff: any unknown visitors will not be allowed access.
- In addition, the outside play area is enclosed, and naturally the children are constantly supervised when playing outdoors.
- We also have webcams in each room at our St Mary’s and Alma Park site which enable office staff to monitor what is happening around the nursery throughout the day.
- We believe that quality comes from a highly qualified and experienced nursery team.
- We maintain that the following staff ratio’s are always adhered to:
- Children under 2 years…. 1 member of staff: 3 children.
- Children 2 – 3 years old……1 Member of staff : 4 children.
- Children aged 3-5 years old…1 Member of staff : 8 children.
- As a parent, you need to feel confident that you are leaving your child with somebody who will look after them, play with them, encourage them – and give them a cuddle if they need it.
- The nursery highly values its staff.
- Graduate led nurseries.
- Montessori teachers employed.
- We believe that a stimulating and attractive environment is an essential part of the care that we provide.
- All our nurseries have been purposely designed to facilitate free play and accommodate the number of children comfortably.
- The rooms are are spacious and well equipped with a range of age appropriate resources.
- As I’m sure you know from personal experience, children are small bundles of energy, and the opportunity to play and run around outside is an essential part of the experiences that we offer.
- All nurseries are set in their own grounds with attractive outdoor spaces for the children to let off steam, play with friends or simply investigate those little things that children find so fascinating, such as an ant on the ground or a newly spun spider’s web
- Best Start nurseries was established in 2000 with St Mary’s Montessori Day Nursery being the start of the nurseries growth.
- Alma Park Day Nursery established in 2006 and has grown to be very popular, set in a small business park with fields and animals on the doorstep.
- Hedgehog Hill Day Nursery and Pre-School is a successful home form home nursery which we took over in December 2012.
- We have a strong and loyal team across all settings, in which we employ experienced and well qualified staff members to look after your little angels.
- For more information on individual settings, please click on the setting links.
- As adults, we can sometimes forget that our children are individuals with different personalities, experiences, likes and dislikes. From the moment your child is born, he or she is learning, growing and developing and the experiences that they undergo play a fundamental part in that development.
- At Best Start Nurseries, we recognise that each child has different needs and preferences – so each child is treated as an individual.
- Our primary aim is that your child should enjoy their time with us, so that they can continue to develop confidence, character and social skills.
- This means that they need to feel secure, happy and cared for in a place that feels like a home from home.
- All three of our nurseries are graduate led to ensure we maintain high standards and quality across each setting.
- Early Years Professionals and Montessori teachers working within the team to help raise our high standards.
- All our staff are well experienced and qualified and undergo frequent training both in and out of house to ensure that high standards are maintained throughout.