Our priority is for all staff and children to enjoy a safe, healthy experience in our nurseries. We have a duty to protect people from harm, which includes taking reasonable steps to protect workers and others from coronavirus. In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have a COVID-19 risk assessment in place which is a working document to manage risk and protect people in our nurseries.
As part of our risk assessment we have;
- Identified activities or situations which could increase the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Identified who could be at risk.
- Established how likely it is that a person might be exposed to COVID-19.
- Removed activities or situations which increase the risk, or if this isn’t possible, controlled the risk.
A copy of our COVID-19 risk assessment is available upon request.
To help our team continue to work safely in a COVID-secure way, and ensure children can continue to safely attend nursery, we have produced guidance which includes a number of practical measures:
- Putting in place social distancing measures
- Staggering shifts
- Taking and recording temperatures on arrival
- Providing additional handwashing facilities